The iLaunch Evo

Let us know what you drive and what you have done to it
Secondary Admin

Re: The iLaunch Evo

Postby The iLaunch Evo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 am

Well blew a freeze plug out after I put a new boost controller in and it was over boosting. Hoping to get it fixed when I get back Labor Day weekend an fingers crossed it isn't a head gasket :shifty:
Never Bring Show to a Go Fight!

'08 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 -The DD
'03 Mitsubishi Evo 8 -The Race Car
'95 Eclipse GSX -Lost Cause

Universal Theory: "Practice and Tune on the Street, Then Take it to the Track; Race it on the Track, Then Bring it on the Street!"

Sponsor

Sponsor

Just about admin

Postby KevinB » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:26 am

I hate freeze plugs

Secondary Admin

Postby The iLaunch Evo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 am

First time I've had a problem with them suprisingly running 30+ lbs of boost forever

Universal Theory: "Practice and Tune on the Street, Then Take it to the Track; Race it on the Track, Then Bring it on the Street!"

Secondary Admin

Postby The iLaunch Evo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 am

Well me and Dave got the new freeze plug back in, started the car and coolant is pissing out of the passenger side. Not sure if water pump is fucked or what but can see coolant residue build up on passenger side of head so assuming the head gasket is fucked before testing with a leak down test.

If that is the case I guess it's time to do full port job on the head, go to the S3 cams and put on an AMS F1 intake manifold. Those alone are good for 50-70 WHP! And that will clean up all the useless vacuum lines and look a little better under the hood!

Secondary Admin

Postby The iLaunch Evo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 am

Update on the car. got the head gasket replaced, put new water pump, thermostat, radiator cap on to hopefully not having a cooling system over pressurize again.

Started the car and the timing belt tensioner took a shit and had over an inch of play in the timing belt so that had to be all pulled apart again. but thanks to Camden for the help we got it all back together and tension is good!

Putting all new extended wheel studs on the car to run some STM Spacers for a little more aggressive look with my M&H Racemasters to get some traction. Only have one rear one left to do which is a pain due to the parking brake assembly being a drum brake. FML

But got a tune scheduled for April 13th and hoping she stays together for a 40+psi tune. Then to the Streets for some racing!!

Secondary Admin

Postby The iLaunch Evo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am

Well as most of you saw I had some slight coolant leaks on the Dyno then had to swap out plugs and gap then tighter a little bit but she did work at 40psi!
Final Numbers
Uncorrected 631hp 477tq
Corrected 734hp 555tq

Here is a video of the last couple pulls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1XB0dZ8pKg

Previous

Return to Rides